During this pandemic, it has become more obvious that most businesses lack consistency. When I think about consistency in business, the first item I think about is the lack of habits and routines that exist in a business. I have read a few articles this week about consistency in business and I came up with five word that may help you to be more consistent in your business.
- Measure – If you do not know where your sales come from or how many people visit your each day or who frequents your establishment then I would strongly recommend that you start to keep track of that. You should have 3-4 “pillars” that drive your business. Some businesses call this “key performance indicators.” You need KPIs to ensure your business is moving forward in the right direction.
- Accountability – This is simply doing what you say you are going to do when you said you would do it. Why is this important? If you cannot be accountable for the way your stores runs, your customers are not going to care either.
- Reputation – Now that”everything” is global or at least regional, you are not just competing with the local store down the street. The internet enables people to buy where they feel comfortable. That is why your reputation is so important. Even grocery stores need to worry. Want to buy a perishable item? No problem, there are several stores that are not even close to you that will deliver for free or for a small fee.
- Relevance – What makes you stand out? What makes you the business that customers return to? This is another constant battle businesses are facing. It takes much more effort to stay in front of your customer than it used to.
- Message – What are you doing to maintain your message? What is the message your customers want to hear from you? This is where your brand comes into play. Being able to effectively communication your message is more important than it has ever been before.
Want to chat or see what we can do to help? Fill in the form below.
#businessmindset #Businesstips #howto #covid19